Climate in Guatemala
by Ana Cetina, Aug 24, 2018
Due to the geographical position of Guatemala, the climate does not change much during the year and the seasons are not like in most other countries. Guatemala is known as the country of the eternal spring. The country is always green and lush.
There are only two seasons in Guatemala, the dry and the rainy season. The dry season is the best time to visit and it lasts from November to May. The rainy season is between June and October with more rain falling in September and October. During the rainy season there are days without rain but sometimes it can rain two or three days in a row.
During the Dry season the best time is from mid-November to February. The climate is less humid and fresh during these classic winter month on the Northern hemisphere. In November and December nights can get chilly and the temperature can drop to 5 degrees Celsius in the highlands. The dry season also includes the most beautiful sky formations, with and without clouds. The sun is bright and the light intense during the day.
The climate is different in almost every destination you will visit. You can experience the freshness of the city and be in the heat of the beach in just two hours. The highlands are colder and if you drive 2 to 3 hours you can be in the lowlands with higher temperatures. Guatemala has a climate zone for every taste.
- Savoring the Soul of Guatemala: A Culinary Adventure
- 10 Reasons to Travel to Guatemala
- Holy Week in Guatemala
- Positive footprint during your visit to Guatemala
- Volunteerism Guatemala
- Music in Guatemala
- Betterment, beautification, security in Z. 1
- A Multicultural Country in Central America
- Self-driving in Guatemala With a Rental Car
- Guatemala’s Metropolis
- Traveling in Guatemala / Security
- All Saints’ Day in Guatemala
- Climate in Guatemala
- Mayan Cities in Guatemala
- Christmas season in Guatemala