Trip to Guatemala
We just returned from an excellent trip to Guatemala with Absolute Travel Services, organized by Pepe and Betzy. We visited Lake Peten, Tikal, Flores, Antigua, Chichicastenango, Panajachel, Lake Atitlan (including San Juan de Laguna & Santiago Atitlan), Guatemala City, and several incomparable sites between. The Guatemalan people were so friendly and welcoming; we felt more like guests than tourists. Our guide, Carlos, was obviously enamored with Mayan Culture and History, and was so proud to share it with us. Our driver, Israel, couldn’t have been more accommodating.
One note: If you happen to stay at the Camino Real on Lake Peten, be sure to request Room 610. Be prepared – at 5:30 in the morning, you will be awakened by the love song of the most vocal howler monkey in Central America. And right below your balcony! It was delightful.
Our Guatemalan experience was even better than anticipated. We wish we could have stayed at least another week.
John & Cynthia Norton
- Savoring the Soul of Guatemala: A Culinary Adventure
- 10 Reasons to Travel to Guatemala
- Holy Week in Guatemala
- Positive footprint during your visit to Guatemala
- Volunteerism Guatemala
- Music in Guatemala
- Betterment, beautification, security in Z. 1
- A Multicultural Country in Central America
- Self-driving in Guatemala With a Rental Car
- Guatemala’s Metropolis
- Traveling in Guatemala / Security
- All Saints’ Day in Guatemala
- Climate in Guatemala
- Mayan Cities in Guatemala
- Christmas season in Guatemala